The FSU Autism Institute was established to provide funding for services related to Autism in the areas of research, training, community outreach, and family needs.
Following are examples of our initiatives:
- Research Identify more precise red flags of autism for early detection
- Study the effectiveness of early intervention
- Expand training efforts targeting the needs of teachers and parents
- Community Outreach Provide incentives to childcare centers that are willing to enroll children with autism
- Establish and maintain resource libraries on autism in local schools
- Provide stipends and incentives for teachers and paraprofessionals to attend trainings
- Purchase therapy and educational materials to be used in classrooms, home, or community programs
- Family Needs Provide educational materials to enhance communication skills
- Provide stipends for parents to attend training, educational programs, and retreats
How Funding is Obtained
The FSU Autism Institute was established through private donations. We strive to increase our funds each year through private and corporate donations, annual fundraising and endowments. The FSU Autism Institute is a fund in the Florida State University Foundation, a non-profit corporation to enhance the academic vision and priorities of the university.
How You Can Help
Anyone can make a tax-deductible donation to the FSU Autism Institute.
- Memorial Gifts
- In Honor of... a Teacher...a Healthcare Provider
- Annual Gifts
Please make check or money order payable to:
FSU Autism Institute
1940 North Monroe, Suite 72 Street
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Attention: Donation/FSU Autism Institute
800.769.7926 or 850.644.4367
New ON-LINE Giving Available
Click Here to give now!
The FSU Autism Institute Fund helps clients, families and professionals that work with the FSU CARD.
To learn more about FSU CARD, visit at http://med.fsu.edu/?page=autisminstitute.home
The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities-CARD is a state funded agency authorized to serve individuals with autism and related disabilities and their families. The Florida State Legislature allocates funds that are administered to the seven regional CARD sites through Florida's Department of Education.
All services are FREE of charge. To make a referral call 800.769.7926 or 850.644.4367